Relationship Rx

prescriptions for the soul

Feb 28, 2006

 

CC Me, Feel Me, Touch Me

Dear Readers: Whenever I get an email from one of my friends sent to a group of us I always scan the CC section to see where I'm listed. I'm thinking... who did he or she think of first when she added these names to the email. If I'm last, that means I'm way down on the totem pole of popularity. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it brings back all those anxious memories of waiting to be picked for the neighborhood baseball game. I would stand there with my new glove in hand, hoping that I wouldn't be last. And I wasn't. I was always somewhere in the middle. A metaphor for my life. I'm a middle child. Living in the Midwest. My horoscope is Libra (the scales balanced evenly in the middle). And according to my careful analysis of my group emails... I'm in the middle of most CC lists as well. At least I wasn't picked last! Is this crazy? Do other people obsess over CC lists?
--George

Comments:
No no.. does not sound ridiculous at all! I have hell of a time fwd mails to my friends coz i'm worried abt the order shown in the cc list..

more often than not i end up ensuring they are alphabetical.. or i just use bcc.

blog route - chamki > u
 
omg!
one of my closest friends is constantly talking abt the same thing - and i always thought only he was nutty enough to think of such trivial stuff!

i mean - who has the time to go through a cc list

or so I thought!
 
i go through the cc list to see who else the mail was sent to, and never look for my name, usually its in alphabetical order and my name begins with D so i am in the first few names.
 
i always look to see where i fall in the "pecking order" and i'm always hoping that i'm early along the list. and i want other people to see that i'm top of the charts. and i feel this way even if i don't really care for the person who sent the email.

phew, got that off my chest!
 
i wish i could hide those cc lists, because i know how other people may feel. nice blog.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

1/1/06 - 2/1/06   2/1/06 - 3/1/06   3/1/06 - 4/1/06   4/1/06 - 5/1/06   5/1/06 - 6/1/06   6/1/06 - 7/1/06   7/1/06 - 8/1/06   8/1/06 - 9/1/06   10/1/06 - 11/1/06   11/1/06 - 12/1/06   12/1/06 - 1/1/07   7/1/08 - 8/1/08   11/1/11 - 12/1/11  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]